AASM SleepTM, LLC ("AASM")
Effective Date: July 17, 2017
Our Data Collection Practices
When you use the Platform, we may ask you to provide certain "Personal Data", which means any data that can be used alone or in combination with other data to identify you (such as your name, email address and photograph). We also may collect "Non-Personal Data", which means data that we collect automatically about your use of the Platform but does not identify you (such as your IP Address, device ID, browser type and pages visited). Finally, we may collect "Health Data", which means data that does not necessarily identify you but we recognize may be more private to you than other data.
We may collect your data when you:
- Create an Account. When you create an account on the Site or App, we ask for some Personal Data and Non-Personal Data, including your name, email address and birthdate. Whenever you add this type of data, we collect it and store it in your account. Your email address will be your username, which you will use to log into and access your account.
- Activate and use an App or Device. You may need to download an App to access certain features of the Platform. In such event, you may be asked and enter information about yourself.
- Contact Us. We may collect your Personal Data, including your name, phone number, and email address, if you contact us with questions, concerns, or feedback via our online form, through email, or by other means. When you contact us, we will only use your Personal Data to respond to your communication and fulfil your request.
Why We Collect Data
We use your data to provide you with customer service that we hope makes you feel supported, motivated and reassured. Here are some examples:
- Non-Personal Data is used for our internal business purposes so that we can understand and improve the Platform, troubleshoot Devices, and detect and protect against fraud and criminal activity.
- We may aggregate or de-identify your Personal Data for marketing and promotional use. Such aggregated or de-identified data does not and cannot be used to identify you.
How We May Share your Data
- Service Providers. We may share your data with companies that we contract with to help us deliver the Platform, such as email management, credit card processing, order fulfillment, technology hosting, and website analytics.
- Business Transaction. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets to a third party in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In such event, your Personal Data and Health Data may be transferred to that third party.
- As Required or Permitted by Law. We may disclose your data as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of AASM or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity, and to otherwise to comply with law.
We may share aggregated data with third parties in a variety of ways, such as by providing health research or reports or using the data for promotional purposes. When we disclose this aggregate data, we perform appropriate procedures aimed to eliminate certain data elements it so that third parties cannot identify you.
Data Collection Technologies
Our data collection technologies include:
- Web beacons and GIFs: Certain pages on the Platform contain web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel tags and clear GIFs), which we use to monitor how users use the Site. We use web beacons in combination with Cookies to understand how our users navigate through and process the content contained on our Website.
- Local Storage and Local Shared Objects: We use local shared objects (LSOs) such as Flash Cookies and local storage, such as HTML5 Local Storage, to enhance user experience by, for example, storing your user preferences and settings (e.g., volume/mute) in connection with animated content on the Platform. Local storage is similar to browser cookies but can store data more complex than simple text. By itself, local storage cannot do anything to or with the data stored on your device. Like cookies, local storage can only access personal data that you have provided on the Platform. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Platform or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use Flash cookies or HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
Your browser may allow you to manage your cookies and local storage. Because each browser is a little different, we encourage you to check your browsers’ "Help" feature to learn how to block cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. For more information about managing cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
The Platform is not directed to children under the age of 13, and AASM does not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under 13 without the verifiable consent of that child’s parent or guardian. If you are aware of a child providing his or her Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com. We will endeavor to delete all data we collected from a child under 13 if we discover we collected it without that child’s parental consent.
We employ reasonable security measures designed to safeguard the Personal Data under our control from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Despite these measures, the confidentiality of your Personal Data cannot be guaranteed. We encourage you to take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Data, such as using a password that is not easy to guess. If you have a security related question or concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some components of the Platform may include a geo-tracking feature that allows us to offer you location-based services, such as access to the contact details of healthcare professionals. You can change your preferences on your mobile device and/or browser to deny us access to your geolocation. Please note that if you disable geolocation tracking, certain features of the Platform may not be available to you.
How to Access, Modify or Delete Data
Personal Data that you provide to us may be modified by accessing your account and profile and changing the data stored within. Please note that if you remove data from your account, it will no longer be visible to you. If you have any questions about accessing, modifying or deleting your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your California Rights
Under California Civil Code §1798.83, AASM is required, once per calendar year and upon request, to disclose to California residents: (i) the identity of any third party to whom we disclosed Personal Data within the previous calendar year for the third party’s direct marketing purposes; and (ii) the type of Personal Data disclosed. To request such information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "California Privacy Rights" or write us at the following address:
- AASM SleepTM, LLC
Attn: California Privacy Rights
2510 N Frontage Rd.
Darien, IL 60561
Notice to our International Users
The Platform is hosted in the United States and subject to U.S. law. If you are accessing the Platform from outside the United States, please be advised that U.S. law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction. By accessing and using the Platform, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
You can email or write to us with any questions or comments at the following contact information:
- AASM SleepTM, LLC
Attn: Project Manager
2510 N. Frontage Road
Darien, IL 60561